Fine Art/Old Picture signature

Can you identify this signature? I will send a picture of the artwork in another email. Probably from the 40's to 60's. I found it in colorado springs about 2 years ago at thrift store.

That is a unique signature!  
I did not receive the picture of the painting. Merely the signature.  I doubt seeing the picture itself would aid me.

I suggest you may have a listed artist.  Signature looked like "Fr...  Carroll" to me.

And I find three instances of "Fr..Carroll"s in art records.

Flora Houghton Carroll   California   1865   1935
Frances M. Carroll   New Jersey        
Frank Carroll          California   lived in SF in late 1930s

There is next to no information about any of these artists, save arcane mentions in art directories.  One source you might consult is found at who has published lists of early California artists.

Good luck in you research.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration