Fine Art/Old Picture signature

Question
signature
signature  
Can you identify this signature? I will send a picture of the artwork in another email. Probably from the 40's to 60's. I found it in colorado springs about 2 years ago at thrift store.

Answer
Larry,
That is a unique signature!  
I did not receive the picture of the painting. Merely the signature.  I doubt seeing the picture itself would aid me.

I suggest you may have a listed artist.  Signature looked like "Fr...  Carroll" to me.

And I find three instances of "Fr..Carroll"s in art records.

Flora Houghton Carroll   California   1865   1935
Frances M. Carroll   New Jersey        
Frank Carroll          California   lived in SF in late 1930s

There is next to no information about any of these artists, save arcane mentions in art directories.  One source you might consult is found at www.edanhughs.com who has published lists of early California artists.

Good luck in you research.
Stu

Stuart Cartwright