Fine Art/Windberg Charcoal

Question
I have a Dalhart Windberg charcoal of a windmill and cistern on a hillside.I had Mr Windberg look at it and he signed it in red next to his name in charcoal .He told me it was done in Refugio back when he was painting a sign for the car dealership here.The drawing is done on the cover of a manillia folder it is about 11 by 8 1/2.What would it be worth today.
Thanks Ron  

Answer
Hi Ron,

What an interesting story about this piece. Dalhart Windberg pieces are not commonly seen in auction and gallery sales, although I have found some. In the last couple of years in the United States, some of his larger landscape works have gone for $2,000 to just $5,000.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans