Fine Art/miro lithograph

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

I am currently in the process of acquiring a miro lithograph,hand signed,from edition (XI/XII).

I was wondering if  such a piece is seen as a good investment.

Many thanks.

ANSWER: The issue is authenticity. You cannot accept the word of the seller, it needs to be examined by an outside expert. You do not want to find out 20 years from now that you have a fake.

Currently, Miro works are being printed without permission. Digital prints on canvas and paper.

Once you are convinced it is authentic, then we can talk about prices and values.

Dan

QUESTION: Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have attached an image. I bought it on Ebay, and of course I don't have the paperwork yet, as I need it finalise payment. Are there any tell tale signs i need to look out for if it is a fake? They valued it at around 3700, but i am paying a lot less.

Cheers.

Answer
I see printed text on the piece.  I can't really see details.  There are some out there that sell signatures on posters and try to imply the artist made the print himself. There are no original lithographs by Miro that sell for that low of a price?  There are a few red flags here.

Dan

Dan Twyman