Fine Art/Dalí Print

Question
Hi Andrew,
I inherited a Dali print from my father. I've done some research on it, and here's what I think I've found out. It is a portrait of Van Gogh in sepia from 'The Album' series. It is numbered 12/150 and signed in pencil. I've read about the Collector's Guild prints and I'm pretty confident it's not one of these. I also have the receipt from the original purchase. It was purchased at the Beckett Gallery in Ontario in 1969 for $136.00. While I don't really want to sell it, it may be necessary. I was hoping you could give me some idea of it's value, and also what would be the best way to go about selling it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Answer
Hi Brad, you can try contacting the gallery from which it was purchased if they are still around. They may have provenance and catalog information about the work. There is a lot of fraud around works by Salvador Dalí, as with many popular artists, so getting the piece looked at by a professional is very important to being able to sell it. Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art deals with Dali tapestries and prints http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/dali and will be able to guide you in the right direction. Feel free to attach an image to this form so I can get a better idea of the work you have.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans