Fine Art/Editions braun print 1969

Question
I came across this print, my wife was going to throw it out. it is about 8" wide by 10" tall printed on canvis title is Le jeune eleve, 1761. can you tell me about it and does it have value?  I beleave the artist is F.H. Drouais and this print was made in france in 1969.

Answer
Hi Nicholas, there was a French painter named François Hubert Drouais (1727-1775). There are several unique paintings that have sold in recent years for a several thousand dollars. This leads me to believe that his prints, in good condition, could fetch upwards of $1,000 - $2,000 . Being able to prove that it is his, since it is over 200 years old, may be a challenge. Contact a fine art dealer http://www.ifaacertified.com/locate.html and speak with someone directly who knows this artist. You can also try Sothebys auction houses. Best of luck to you.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans