Fine Art/Editions braun print 1969

I came across this print, my wife was going to throw it out. it is about 8" wide by 10" tall printed on canvis title is Le jeune eleve, 1761. can you tell me about it and does it have value?  I beleave the artist is F.H. Drouais and this print was made in france in 1969.

Hi Nicholas, there was a French painter named François Hubert Drouais (1727-1775). There are several unique paintings that have sold in recent years for a several thousand dollars. This leads me to believe that his prints, in good condition, could fetch upwards of $1,000 - $2,000 . Being able to prove that it is his, since it is over 200 years old, may be a challenge. Contact a fine art dealer and speak with someone directly who knows this artist. You can also try Sothebys auction houses. Best of luck to you.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University