Fine Art/Identification of original artist / painting

Question
Good afernoon,
I do hope I am not wasting your time, but would be grateful for any help or suggestions in identifying a painting.
I believe it to be a copy since a colleague has a similar artefact with slight differences and thinks they may be amateur student copies of a painting in a Dutch museum - both of our having originated, separately, from the Netherlands. Signatures on the copies are V. Hermans and H. Wells.
A web search has elicited another sold at auction, giving a title and yet more names:
Frank Albert Philips (c.1849 - 1913)
Oil on board
'The Forbidden Reading' 'Surprised by a spy from the Holy Inquisition'
A scene of a Gentleman and his daughter reading from a Bible
Titled and signed verso
10 1/2" x 8 1/4"
Dates found for F A Philips are inconsistent and possibly incorrect.
Any information on these artists would be much appreciated, but the first hurdle is tracing the original painting and artist. Any information or possible leads you could suggest would be most welcome.
Many thanks and best wishes for the New Year,
John

Answer
Dear John,

I hope you are doing well and enjoying the holidays. Is your painting signed V. Hermans or H. Wells? What is F A Phillips' relationship to your painting? Would it be possible to email jpeg images of your painting and a close up of the signature? My email is dolly12@aol.com.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley