Fine Art/Pablo Picasso Prints Value?

Question
In 1992 at the Rosengart Galerie in Luzern Switzerland I purchased a Picasso reproduction lithograph that was limited to 2000 prints.  I donít see a number on the print, but I do have a certificate of authenticity and the print is professionally framed.  The print was was of his wife drawn in crayon in January of 1962.

Is there a market for this print and what would be an expected value?  I am looking to sell and am inquiring with various art stores seeking a buyer and consistent value.  

Thank you for your reply.

Darrell Misak

Answer
Hi Darrell, for Picasso prints I recommend to you Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art. There are several volumes of catalogs that record Picasso's works. For selling Picasso prints http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/picasso it is important to be able to refer to the catalog raisonne in which it is illustrated. This allows dealers and collectors alike to be sure they are speaking about the same piece.

Picasso prints are some of the most collectible prints out there. The quality and condition of the work play a huge role in its value. If it is a well documented piece in excellent condition that also clearly looks like a work by Picasso, then the work could definitely be worth something. Follow the recommended contacts above and I believe you will get the most information about the work without any cost to you. I wish you the best!

Sincrely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans