Fine Art/Salvador Dali artwork identification & Cave Drawings

I have a Dali print/litho/engraving (not sure) that has a winged horse on it.  It is mostly done in black with highlights of yellow and red(ish) colour.  The body of the horse is made of 3 circles with most of the detail on the horse head.  It is numbered 24/250 in pencil with what appears to be 'Dali' also in pencil.  It looks like there is also a 'Dali' in the print.  There is an indentation around the printed area that suggests a stone plate was used to print it. The indention and print area is 4.75 inches by 6.75 inches with the pencil numbering and 'Dali' on the outside of those measurements.  The frame is 18 inches by 21 inches and the artwork is double matted.  On the back of the frame, printed on gold labels 'This original work of art has been conservation framed to museum standards   Original Fine Art, LTD. New York, N.Y.' and a second gold label that says 'Your art is protected by a clear sheet of safe, shatterproof, Plexiglas.  To clean, use a mixture of alcohol and water on a wad of absorbent cotton.  Do not use scouring powders, soaps, glass cleaners containing ammonia, or harsh rags.  If not abused, Plexiglas will remain clear and bright for years.'  I purchased this piece form a gentleman in Kansas City, Missouri at a sale he had in his apartment in the 1980s.  I have attached a pic.  What can/would you tell me about this piece?

In closing - I have had a kick reading thru your posts - I will not ask for an instant free appraisal, ball park guestimate or certification of authenticity without being able to see the piece in person.  Nor will I give you negative feedback for not making me an instant billionaire art collector or not solving all my worries and problems.  As a volunteer for this site, I appreciate that fact that you give countless hours of your time to sort thru the throngs of questionable questions and unreasonable expectations.  I also promise not to give you negative feedback if you do not know everything about an obscure tattoo artist named Lefty from Poland, but I do feel that you should have an experts eye for every other artist in the get to work studying.  (I have also seen some cave drawings that I would like for you to tell me who the artist was.)

That is the 1st time I've laughed out loud reading a post on this service. I will get right to work on artists from the cromagnan era.

As for your Dali, unfortunatley it looks like a fake print called: "Pegase"

There is a similar piece called "Pegasus" from a suite titled "Album"

You might be able to find more info using these titles. As I tell everyone, I'm not looking at your piece in person, but this is my take on it based on your image.

Happy New Year!

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.