Fine Art/art history - secifically a work by Leon Bonnat

Question
i was wondering wear i could gather historical information on a piece intitled "egyptian peasant woman and her child"

Answer
Hello Anthony,

"Egyptian Peasant Woman and Her Child" is in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  I don't know what sort of historical information you're interested in, but there is a lot on the Met's website:

http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/european_paintings/an_

This gives the provenance (who owned the painting previously), exhibition history, and references so you can look up more information if you're interested.  It also includes the gallery label:

"Exhibited at the Salon of 1870, this painting was recognized as an important departure from the historical and mythological works Bonnat had shown previously. It is based on a full-length oil study (Musée Bonnat, Bayonne) that Bonnat painted during a trip to Egypt in 1869. Soon afterwards, Bonnat began devoting himself exclusively to portraiture.

A few years after it was painted, this picture was illustrated on the cover of the American art review, "The Aldine," and included in the 1876 Centennial Loan Exhibition at the New York Historical Society."

I hope this gets you off to a good start.

All best,
Elliott

Elliott H. King