Fine Art/I cart

Question
I Cart
I Cart  
QUESTION: This picture hangs in my office and though it is not a particular favorite of mine was a gift therefore is predominately displayed.  A couple of years ago, I had an antiques dealer delivering a piece of furniture and he offered to buy it there on the spot.  We never talked prices and he didn't tell me anything about the picture.  When it was given to me I had it framed (supposedly acid free with an oxygen retarder).  

My question is, if this is really a piece of art worth insuring, perhaps selling, or at the very least ensuring its preservation.

The signature looks like Larry I Cart,  I'm not positive about the first name but I Cart is definitely able to be made out.

I've tried to research this on the Internet and have had little success.  As this websight allows only one picture to be attached, i have sent the whole picture.  If you need a close up of the signature I can facilitate that via e-mail.

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: If you have a Louis Icart, you need to establish the medium. There are 1920's etchings of the same image and there are modern day posters.  Research has to be done.

Dan

icart
icart  
QUESTION: i was able to take off one side of the frame and lift the matting.  I beleive it to be a lithograph because i was able to see in the corner a handwritten #9.  The paper appeared slick matte, not flat hand drawn.  I'm guessing it's not the origional but a reproduction.  does it have any real value other than ornamaental.  

It was framed at Harleen and Allen Fine Art in San Francisco, which is where I was told it was purchased.  

Answer
Once again, research has to be done.  If you have a decorative print, the value is low.  If you have an authorized limited edition with a signature, the value will be much better.  I am a Dali expert, so this is a bit outside my area.  Type  Icart art  into google search and you will find others that specialize in this artist.

Dan

Dan Twyman