Fine Art/european art

I have an old canvas painting of a king and his servants hunting in the forest. It is approx. 36" by 24". It has writing at the bottom of the picture: "Le Roy a la chasse du cenf auec les dumes rex ad ceruorum venationem cum prunaubus foeminis".I did not see a name anywhere. Can you give me any information about this painting? I would greatly appreciate it.

Dear Bev,

I am not certain what type of print you have. If it has writing printed at the bottom, then it cannot be an oil painting. It could be a print adhered to canvas. The writing looks like a combination of French and Latin so I am not able to translate other than it says something about the Royal chasing the game in a forest? I might be able to tell you more if you can email clear jpeg images of the entire piece and a close up of any signatures and writing to my email

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.