Fine Art/Chagall Book

I have a Marc Chagall book titled "L'oeuvre Grave" by Franz Meyer. It was copyrighted in 1957 and the book is in French. I have seen the 1971 edition being referred to as 1 of 1000 French copies.  Is the 1957 edition a limited edition? Do you know a rough value depending on condition of this book?  Thank you.

I own some Chagall books, but I do not have the one you are asking about. Please consider this; If I give values on books and art, I am offering a free appraisal and that is a conflict of interest because I am an art broker and send all works and books out to appraisers. We pay fees to appraisers, so of course it makes no sense for me to offer values here. It is easy to find info on the book you are talking about. Simply copy and paste this into google and you will find info.    L'oeuvre Grave chagall book

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.