Fine Art/Chagall lithograph

I would like to know if I should invest in an official appraisal and insure a lithograph I recently received. The information that came with this reads as follows:

Title: Book illustration for "Chagall" by Jacques Lassaigne
Artist: Chagall
Medium: Lithograph, 1957, Maeght Editeur, Paris
No: 105964

This was bought from Galerie Michael. When it was originally purchased, I do not know.

Thank you, Mr. Twyman, for any insight you can give me.

Judy Jo

You might have an open edition book print. It could be a limited edition book print with no signature. If you have a signed work, it needs to be authenticated first and then appraised. It's a process and can cost $$.  Let me know if you want to persue it, send an email request to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.