Fine Art/E. Woodson Painting

Question
E. Woodson Painting
E. Woodson Painting  
First let me say this is a great service, and your assistance is appreciated. I recently purchased a painting at an estate sale with the name E. Woodson.
I purchased it from an elderly woman who said her father bought it several years back and she had no other information on it. It's a great oil painting of a light house and would like to get more information on it. It is my understanding there is an E. Woodson within the arts that is well know known. Can you help me determine if this is an Original E. Woodsonn oil painting? The painting does not have a frame. It was hung using screws and a wire between the back of the canvas frame. It's in great condition and I do have several pictures I can send. I have attached a full view picture of the painting. I do have close ups of the signature, back and brush strokes. Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
You might want to research Everett Woodson and see if it's a match.

It will have to be examined by someone in person. Some prints have a brushed on varnish to give the appearance of brush strokes. If you have an original, you are in a specific niche and need to talk to dealers that sell works by that artist.

Dan

Dan Twyman