Fine Art/H WILLIAMS artist

Question
H WILLIAMS painting
H WILLIAMS painting  
 I have a large painting of a pot of flowers signed by H Williams I was given 45 years ago.  I have been unable to find  anything on the Internet by Google.  Your name did come up, however, as an art expert, and I wondered if you could tell me anything about him. Thank you for your kind time and consideration.

Answer
Dear Virginia,

As you can well imagine, there are hundreds, (thousands?), of artists with the last name of Williams, and without a full first name it is nearly impossible to give your painting an attribution. I do not recognize it as being the work of one the more well known artists with the last name of Williams and I looked up artists that it might fit, however I was unsuccessful.

Sometimes collectors have to be satisfied with the enjoyment of their art without knowing its heritage. I personally have a beautiful painting in my collection that is signed as just "Williams" on the back. I have yet to find an artist with the last name of Williams that fits the style of my painting; but I still have it hanging and enjoy its beauty every day.

I'm sorry I am not able to give you an answer your question.

Kind regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley