Fine Art/Harold C Stadtmiller

I have inherited a number of pieces of art in my grandmothers estate. One in particular is a portfolio by Harold C Stadtmiller of Exeter California, titled Missions of California. It is 25 original blocks depicting the Cal Missions with one page being a description ond the other being the block. on the second page it is written, "This is a portfolio of linoleum prints from the original collection of blocks created by Harold C Stadtmiller of Exeter California and printed by Charles H Freeman, instructor of printing in Dinuba Union High School.
The data contained in these pages were collected and assembled by Inez A Dickson and Mrs. E.L. Cartt of Dinuba. It is signed in blue ink "With every good wish Harold C Stadtmiller 1941.  I can find other Stadtmiller works but not this, have you ever heard of it. Thank you very much for all of your assitance. Dustin Cunning  

This sounds like a terrific inheritance.  Harold C. Stadmiller (1885 - 1953) is a listed American artist, and known as a landscape painter of the Monterey Art Colony.  You should contact the following California gallery that specializes in Monterey Peninsula artists and has carried Stadmiller's works:

By Appointment
San Diego, CA  92109
Phone: Contact Us Via Email Only.

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration