Fine Art/ID ART

Question
?
?  
CAN U ID THIS , WE TOOK IT THIS SUMMER IN ROME

Answer
Vinny,
This is a representation of St. Jerome, the great fifth century writer of the Catholic church who first translated the Vulgate...the first Latin versions of the Bible.  He is also associated with a medieval story about removing a thorn from a lion's paw.  You can find plenty of information about St. Jerome on the internet.

As for this picture, I cannot tell you where you took it.  Certainly it depicts a muscular saint, characteristic of a Michelangelo, but I don't know that it is a Michelangelo.  Countless famous European artists have depicted St. Jerome including Michelangelo, daVinci, Carravaggio, Bernini and more.

Hopefully, this will jog your memory.  

Good luck in your research.
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright