Fine Art/Jose Puyet

I read your response about a painting by Jose Puyet, I do have the same one but how do I know if its a copy?
What do I look for to identify a original or a copy?
Thank you

Dear Ronize,

On the Puyet copies you can see a dot pattern while viewing with a magnifying glass that is at least 15-20x. A jewelers loupe works well. If you do not have one, take it to a local antiques dealer as they should have one for you to use.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.