Fine Art/Painting that i have

trying to find out how i go about to see how much this painting i have is worth the Artist: kerkois, Title: Looking, 30"x40" medium, acrylic on canvas, original, contemporary, provenance is American home saving bank, lot 103-14, catalog#ah-04
thanks for any help

I thought I'd answer you even though I do not follow the contemporary market at all.  I am immediately suspicious that you have what amounts to manufactured "decorator art" as most listed American artists will sign with at least a first name signatures are often meaningless.  

My advice: Visit galleries in your area with a photograph and talk to art dealers.  An untrusty art dealer won't last 10 days in the business, so chances are you will meet someone who can give you good information face-to-face...and you will learn something.  Visit shops that carry contemporary art not unlike what you have.

Good luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration