Fine Art/Pla Domenech

QUESTION: I found a lovely little signed print in a shop and can't find a thing on it. It is signed Pla Domenech, a seal imprint of Collector's Guild of New York and Paris is on the back. Someone tore off the artists photo but his name is still there. All I've been able to find out is he was born in Barcelona, Spain in 1917, and depending on the site you read, died in 1992 or 1996. Some other works were, Trovador, Black and White, The Violinist. If they have the photo, they don't have the name, have the name (as in the first two I listed) they don't have a photo. Where can I get a complete list of this artist's work to see? My image is of a blonde woman, facing left (as you face her) with a red flower like object on her cheek. She is holding what I think is a poppy. There are other poppies in the picture, a turret, a chair, like a throne, and a Fluer De Le.

D Leonard

ANSWER: The Collectors Guild provided affordable art to it's members. So far, all the lisitngs I have seen for these are low end.

Art prices are between the buyer and seller. If there are records of the works selling at higher prices out there, that will help your cause.  

QUESTION: What cause would that be? I don't want to sell the print, sir, I want to know more about this artist, see other works, see if this print has a title. What is the big secret? I've looked all over the Internet and if someone has info on this artist they want BIG bucks to share it. I would just like to know what this is called and more about the artist. I've tried every combination in search engines I can think of. I can't read Spanish, so that is no help. Do you have no idea how I can find a collected list of this persons work?

It's clear that your question was a set up from the start.  You can see from my profile that I have no background with the artist you asked about. This is a FREE service and we do what we can. Your insults are unfounded and it makes no sense that you are upset with someone that tried to help you without charging a fee. Art experts and consultants charge by the hour. If you go back and read my initial response and then read your followup, it is clear that you mis-understood what I was saying. There are other experts here at allexperts, you should send the same question to them, but be sure to read their profile and make sure they are the correct person for the question.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.