Fine Art/Question about Drawing

Question
PUCCI Drawing
PUCCI Drawing  
I was wondering if you have any information about this drawing? In the bottom right hand corner is the name PUCCI. Sorry for the picture not being upright.

Answer
Owen,
I can get you started on your research.  Albert John Pucci was a twentieth century American artist.  I'll attach some biographical links below.  He evidently spanned many years ... looks to have begun his artistic life in NYC, illustrated many books, probably produced a lot of commercial art for magazines and such, and ended up on the Maine coastline.  Davenports Art Reference & Price Guide has him as a listed Italian artist and catalogues a rather large 47"x23" painting of a gondola that was offered at a Leslie Hindman auction in May 1993 for $300 but not sold.  

I think you will get much more information by pursuing his connections in Maine.  Start here:

http://www.georgetownhistoricalsociety.org/Albert%20J%20Pucci%20Tribute.html

Also, for his illustrations in books:

http://isbndb.com/d/person/pucci_albert_john/books.html

There seem to be a number of lithographs and cards featuring his illustrations for sale on eBay and other places.  A few look like older illustrations and even have dates like "1892" marked on them, but I suspect these were merely illustrations for magazines or ads that were probably produced in the 30's or 40's when Pucci was an illustrator in NYC.

Hope that helps.  I like the drawing.
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright