Fine Art/Question about Drawing

PUCCI Drawing
PUCCI Drawing  
I was wondering if you have any information about this drawing? In the bottom right hand corner is the name PUCCI. Sorry for the picture not being upright.

I can get you started on your research.  Albert John Pucci was a twentieth century American artist.  I'll attach some biographical links below.  He evidently spanned many years ... looks to have begun his artistic life in NYC, illustrated many books, probably produced a lot of commercial art for magazines and such, and ended up on the Maine coastline.  Davenports Art Reference & Price Guide has him as a listed Italian artist and catalogues a rather large 47"x23" painting of a gondola that was offered at a Leslie Hindman auction in May 1993 for $300 but not sold.  

I think you will get much more information by pursuing his connections in Maine.  Start here:

Also, for his illustrations in books:

There seem to be a number of lithographs and cards featuring his illustrations for sale on eBay and other places.  A few look like older illustrations and even have dates like "1892" marked on them, but I suspect these were merely illustrations for magazines or ads that were probably produced in the 30's or 40's when Pucci was an illustrator in NYC.

Hope that helps.  I like the drawing.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration