Fine Art/Rembrandt etchings

Question
I am considering purchasing a Rembrandt etching titled "Woman Bathing". I would like to know when it was made and how much you think it is worth. I am still learning about Old Master Prints, so please help me thank you.

Answer
Rembrandt, Woman Bathing, CE 1658
Rembrandt, Woman Bathi  
John, Old Master Prints are more often seen in a fine art connoisseur's collection than a beginner's. Though, that is not to say you can't gainfully acquire an amazing Rembrandt etching http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/rembrandt without years of knowledge. If you are buying the etching from a high end gallery, don't. The overhead may be more than you want to deal with. Personally I would try to stay under $25,000 for most of his works.

Rembrandt's "Woman Bathing" is a lifetime impression (meaning it was made while Rembrandt was alive) made in CE 1658, as documented in "Rembrandt, The Complete Etchings" by Boon. Depending on the condition, you should try to get the piece for under $20,000.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans