Fine Art/Unknown artist

The attached photo is of a 40x40" oil painting on canvas that my parents have
owned for at least 20 years. I can't find a signature. They got it in the Chicago
area. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

I like this painting, but I do not follow the modern or contemporary markets.  I would suggest you try contacting Leslie Hindman Auctions in Chicago...they might be able to help identify the artist...looks vaguely something I have seen...but could have just been a popular motif, hmmm, in the 1980s?  Maybe earlier?

Good luck.  Enjoy if nothing else!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration