Fine Art/art appraisal

Question
I am the artist. Back in the early 80's I was contracted with Royal Art Ltd. to sign my own scratch board images reproduced as limited editions of 500. They sold them at their auctions internationally.  I get email from people who still have them or who have acquired them asking me what their value is now. They are out of circulation and from what I can tell the editions sold out also. I did a series of six images as LTD with Royal Art Ltd. This is one of the inquirees. It's called  "It's Love", (#454 of 500). The image is attached. I still have artist's proofs and can send you a better image if it is needed. I'm not actively selling the AP's though. I do have a website with other images in scratchboard for sale.
What would you tell them that the current value is?
I am actively painting but don't do scratchboard anymore. I paint in other mediums now. Thanks K. Yaude

Answer
When art appriasers determine a "fair market value", they use a variety of sources including auction results, gallery sales, private party sales and reference books.  It can be quite a process and takes hours of research.

I have helped a few accomplish this, but it takes time.

If you want to persue it, email a request to: collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman