Fine Art/buffet

Question
back of Bernard Buffet print
back of Bernard Buffet  
QUESTION: Hi I have a small Bernard Buffet. It looks like paint but the edges are perfect so I believe it is a print. would this be called a glicee? also as this was from the gallery who represented him in France and has that number on the back does that make this a limited edition? I have included a photo of the back, I can send more photos. thank you so much.

ANSWER: That does not apprear to be an edition number.  An edition number is more like this example:   1/100    or   250/500

There is not enough info on that lable for me to be able to help.

Dan

front Bernard buffet
front Bernard buffet  
QUESTION: hi again. Thanks so much. please excuse my lack of knowledge...so without that type of number hundreds of the same thing may have been printed? I have attached a photo of the front, Is this type of print on canvas which looks and feels like a painting but is a print, called a giclee? does it make it more valuable having the gallery tags on the back? is that what is called provenance? I really appreciate your help. thanks so much again.

Answer
A giclee is a digital scan that can be printed on paper or canvas, but does not usually have the texture of the piece in the image. I suspect you need to have someone examine it in person.

The provanance or background of a work or art can be half the value in some cases.

You might want to take it to someone in the art industry in your area sna have them examine it.

Dan

Dan Twyman