Fine Art/Newton oil painting

glendagee wrote at 2012-02-13 00:01:47
THis painter was from Brevard County Florida and when i was young you could watch him paint and make purchases of his work from is shady spot on the Melbourne Causeway.  Very vivid colors beautiful local scenery.  I am looking to purchase some of his work at this time.  I have friends in that area that were smart enough to buy them then.  

radioman56 wrote at 2012-07-19 20:04:38
I have also a Oil on Board it is also sighned Newton  its a really nice scene needs cleaning and repair but is cool email me for pictures  

Robert Shelby wrote at 2012-11-11 04:32:49
I, too have just purchased an original Newton oil painting. The signature is also on the bottom left with the "T" across the entire name. Mine is also a stunning water scene against mountains with beautifully detailed treas in olive, green and orange. The mountains are brilliant blue. For the record, it is nothing like the Highwaymen paintings. It has a detailed, fine art quality. I wish I knew more about it!

stephanie light wrote at 2014-04-17 02:28:26
I too have a painting of mountains, trees and water signed by Newton.  The T goes across the whole name. It is done in sepia tone can see brusstrokes.  I acquired it from my family.  It hung in our livimg room when I was 15 yrs. Old.  I an now 66.

WILLIAM T. NEWTON wrote at 2015-08-11 11:34:22
DO NOT RULE OUT OTHER ARTISTS WHOSE NAMES ARE "NEWTON" AS WELL.....MY FATHER CHARLES T. NEWTON (DECEASED) WAS A NATIONALLY KNOWN PROFESSIONAL ARTIST FROM THE 50'2 THROUGH LATE 2003....HE ACTUALLY SPENT A GREAT DEAL OF TIME IN FLORIDA TOO, PAINTING. THEN THERE IS ME WHO HAS BEEN PROFESSIONALLY CREATING PAINTINGS AND SCULPTURES SINCE THE EARLY 1970'S - CURRENT.....I HAVE ALWAYS SIGNED MY PIECES "T. NEWTON".....

SEE FACEBOOK FOR EXAMPLES OF BOTH OR EMAIL ME A PHOTO TO AUTHENTICATE YOURS.

WILLIAM T. NEWTON

CROWSDEN@AOL.COM

Stuart Cartwright