Fine Art/oil painting

Ingi Thor wrote at 2009-07-08 15:36:36
Hi. I have an oil (or acryl) on board by this artist with signature L. Paul... and I live in Iceland.

I am curious if Laurie ever found out who this L. Paul was. I have always thought he was British because the farm and the landscape on my painting reminds me of England.

Kind regards,

Ingi Thor Ingibergsson

Susan Mayer wrote at 2010-07-27 16:45:30
I have two large paintings w/ the same signature.  They are both of an Arizona landscape and I'm guessing were done in the 50's.  Don't know any more about them than that.

caliconductor wrote at 2011-09-20 03:10:45
I found this painting for sale in Indiana http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8314390

I also own a desert landscape by Mr. Paul.He was somehow related to my cousins in the Phoenix, Az area.

Thought this might help you.

Joe

Dorothy Pennington wrote at 2012-04-21 05:08:23
I own 2 paintings with the same L Paul signature that we bought from the artist while living in Tucson, AZ from 1970 to 1972.  The frame on your photo - white with grey stripes - is identical to the frames on mine.  I too have tried to find out more about this artist, but suspect he was just a local man who sold his landscape paintings to many of us.

L.Paul's Granddaughter wrote at 2012-06-15 00:25:23
L.Paul who is Luther Paul (1910-2001) is my dear grandfather. My grandfather trainned himself how to paint on the inside of cabinet doors. Once he became good at painting he started his career. He had four sons (including my father) who would make the frames and then my grandmother managed the store. It was a very busy business and they would travel anywhere West of the Mississippi. If you have any painting that you would like to sale or part with I would be will to discuss your decision. Leann Paul email: paulsvalleyoklahoma@yahoo.com or (520) 508-0152. Thank you  

JOHNNPAUL wrote at 2012-07-16 20:41:58
Do you have pictures of your paintings.  i am very familiar with this artist.

JOHNPAUL wrote at 2012-07-16 20:55:35
Laurie,

I have looked at the picture of the painting your provided.  it is a painting from the 60s that was painted by my father.  My Father was one of very few freehand artist that painted extensively throughout the Southwest using an art style that many have tried to duplicate (he trained others but they had minimal success as artist).  Though his art was sold very reasonably priced in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s they have later been sold in art Galleries in San Francisco and New

York City for thousands of dollars as early as the Mid 70s.  Many have sold his art at Flea Markets to only later find out that the buyer sold them for thousands of dollars in various art galleries.  

Leann Paul wrote at 2012-07-17 22:42:13

Kelly wrote at 2013-05-11 22:25:13
My mother has a painting from the same artist that she got from her mother. She is from Arizona but now lives in Michigan,It is of a small island in the middle of some water with mountains in the background. My mom is 72yrs. old so the painting is well.. old. Iam trying to find information on the artist myself for her, any help would be great.

Jack wrote at 2013-09-12 03:05:15
I also have a painting by L Paul of the Superstition Mountians of Arizona. I remember when and where my parents bought it. It was 1957. The artist was set up on the side of the road just outside of Apache Junction. The mountains were in full view and the artist was painting and had about 10 paintings all framed, and all of the Mountains and desert, for sale. My folks paid 35.00 for a 20" x 30" painting. I was only a young boy but the painter seemed to be much older than my 36ish parents. I have search for info about the artist for many years. I have located other paintings of same subject matter signed L Paul but no info on the artist.  

jackie wrote at 2013-11-07 01:11:19
This was done by Luther Paul, son of Eli Paul and Anna Paul.  He was born in Illinois or Oklahoma then moved to Arizona.  I have a desert scene willed to me by my grandma, his niece.

LPaul's Grand Daughter wrote at 2013-11-30 23:44:41
Hello...My name is Leann Paul and I am the grand-daughter to Luther Paul (L.Paul). I would be more than happy to answer your questions regarding my grandfather's paintings. Please contact me at paulsvalleyoklahoma@yahoo.com

Responding to Jackie's response. My grandfather was born in Oklahoma. He and my grandmother moved ALL over West of the Mississippi but lived most of their lives in Oklahoma and Arizona. Both of my grandparents are laid to rest in Scottsdale, Arizona.  

JPaul Granddaughter to LPaul wrote at 2014-08-29 19:54:58
Hi Laurie,

This is an old posting you put up. I am the granddaughter of the artist that your painting was painted by so many years ago. His name is Luther Paul. He was born in Oklahoma. He taught himself to paint on the back of cabinet doors until he got very talented. He then launched his career. He sold these paintings on sides of roads at first and then they sold for much higher. you will find many of his children and grandchildren quest to find his paintings and talk to the people who have them and cherish them as we do.  

L Paul's Granddaughter wrote at 2014-09-28 17:59:48
http://paulsvalleyoklahom.wix.com/l-paul

I created the website listed above that is a small gallery of my grandfather's (L. Paul) paintings, a brief bio and pictures of him.  There is a contact page, should you chose to contact me further.  Thank you for your time and interest.  Leann Paul ~ (720)484-4696 (updated number) or email address: paulsvalleyoklahoma@yahoo.com  

Leann Paul / L.Paul's granddaughter wrote at 2015-06-19 19:48:22
PLEASE take ALL of my responding trends down from AllExperts.  I am continuously receiving request that are not appropriate to the answer of my grandpa's paintings.  Thank you ~  

Betty wrote at 2015-12-18 00:40:55
I have 13 paintings by Mr. Luther Paul and love all of them. I purchased them from Mr. Paul in the early 70's in transit from the Marshall Islands to Germany. This discussion has brought back a lot of memories of that time and the many conversations with Mr Paul who was deaf at that time.  

terry oseland wrote at 2016-11-21 05:49:12
I also have a oil painting by l paul of the superstition  mountain under a full moon.All black and ehite.incredable reality.My grand mother bought it in the 70's in Az,where probably Mesa or apache junction.  

Stuart Cartwright