Fine Art/i know very little about this painting

Question
Two robins in the snow
Two robins in the snow  
I know almost nothing about this painting. It was in my mothers house.  I am wondering how old this painting is, and who the artist is.  If this is something that doesn't fall under your expertise could you point me in a right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Thank you for your inquiry.  

It looks as if the signature reads "C. Berg" but I cannot match your C. Berg to any listed artist.  I would fathom this was painted in the 1960s.  Just a guess.  It has a modern look to it.  Almost Jackson Pollock with birds!   

If it isn't too big, don't be bashful about porting it around to a few local galleries, auction houses or dealers and ask what they think of it.

Otherwise...enjoy it!

Stu

Stuart Cartwright