Fine Art/A limited edition after a work by Pablo Picasso

I recently inherited a piece of art. I know very little about the origins of the work. In the bottom right corner there is an embossed stamp that states "a limited edition after a work by Pablo Picasso." There is also a relatively illegible written statement "collection of nor.. li... " In the left hand corner there is another embossed stamp that says, "dtomerin" and another written statement that says A.P.I.

In the upper left corner there is a date ( 14.8.70 with a 16 underneath). There is no signature on the work. It appears to be an abstract mummy.

Do you have any ideas about the origin of this work?  or the potential value?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Limited edition with no signature? Limited edition prints that were authorized by Picasso, should bear a signature. Many times, museum posters will state what collection the original is from, so the buyer of the poster will have some background on the image. Even if it were an investment piece, I cannot do free appraisals and do not know anyone willing to do that.  I can refer you to a known Picasso appraiser, they have their own fees etc.  If you want the referral, send a request to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.