Fine Art/oil painting

Laurie Adams Oil on Board
Laurie Adams Oil on Bo  
I acquired this oil on board approximately 35 years ago at a flea market in Glendale, Arizona. It measures 26 X 50 including frame.  I am unable to identify the artist. Maybe you know something.  Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Laurie, thanks so much for the kind feedback.  One more tack to take would be to talk to a dealer/gallery out in AZ.  Try these folks...send them a shot of the painting and tell them where/when you found it.  Perhaps they will recognize a local artist from the last century.  
- Stu

Biltmore Galleries
7113 Main Street
Scottsdale, AZ  85251

This reminds me of a dude ranch I went to in a valley north of Phoenix about an hour...very pretty country.

I am sorry I cannot find any listed artist by the name of L. Paul, which is what I make the signature out to be.  Do you disagree?  I went through all the _ Paul permutations.  I would conclude this is probably just not a listed American artist.  Such is the case with 95% of the pictures folks send to me on this service.  

That is a pretty big picture, so it might bring several hundred dollars in a sale.  If you are selling.

This does not mean you have a painting of low value.  I hope you gain much enjoyment from it every day!

Stu Cartwright

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration