Fine Art/specific artist

Question
i have a painting i inherited and cannot find any information on the artist.  what little information i do have came from a curator who cleaned the painting for my mother years ago.  unfortunaly, that person and gallery are no longer available. i know he did not do much, but i have not been able to find anything on him.  any information would be greatly appreciated.  his name is edwin stafford doolittle.

thank you.
linda gibson

Answer
Linda:
Edwin Stafford Doolittle (American, 1843-1879) is listed in Peter Hasting Falk's "Who Was Who in American Art 1564-1975" published in 1999, page #3724.

Here is a listing of the only auction record I could find:

http://www.brunkauctions.com/search/lotdetail.php?id=25274

If you are looking to part with the painting, send me a photograph, the size of the canvas, and any other details I should know.  If you tell me roughly where in the country you are, I can help you find an auction house or dealer.  stucartwright@yahoo.com

If you like the painting, hang it and enjoy looking at it every day!

Stu

Stuart Cartwright