Fine Art/variations of a Calder lithograph

I have been collecting Calder lithographs, hopefully they are not reproductions,  and I have noticed the there are many variations on the same lithograph. Some are signed in pencil and have the AE mark or are numbered.  Some have no signature.  Some are signed in the stone.  And there is a variety of sizes of the same lithograph.   How can one original lithograph end up with so many variations?

This is the fault of amny art publishers. Many publishers create a variety of sizes and signed or unsigned versions so they can cover a larger market. You will need to find a dealer that sells the works and have them give an opinion. It's not always easy, I do what I can here for free, but many dealers will say they cannot help and hang up on you. If you can find one that is willing to accept an email with images, you will probably get some answers.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.