Fine Art/1894 M.B. Parkinson

Question
I purchased this piece yesterday, not so much for the picture but the frame is wonderful. upon wiping the dirty glass the Happy Days caption and three little girls was under all the dirt, it is beautiful. It does have some water damage around the edges. How do I care for this and what would you suggest for cleaning the intricate frame?    Thank You for your time, Tracy

Answer
I see no image?  If you feel you have fine art, take it to art restoration and have it cleaned up and restored. If you feel you have decorative affordable art, take it to a framer and have them reframe using the same frame and new mats etc. The framer should have what is needed to clean a frame. If you are doing it yourself, you should study up on it a bit first. If glue was used to assemble, it can be quite a bit of work to fix.

Dan

Dan Twyman