Fine Art/Alex Dzigurski

I have an original oil painting by Alex Dzigurski it is 25 1/2 by 37 1/2.  I have a copy of the original invoice dated 12/12/1968 from Art Studio of Alex Dzigurski, 2209 El Camino, Palo Alto, California. The name given on the invoice is Grand Teton.  I will be selling it, and was wondering if you can give me an idea of the value, and who I should contact concerning selling it.  I am asuming it is in the original frame.  Thank you

Congratulations. Quite a few paintings of almost precisely this size, by your artist, Alex Dzigurski, Sr., have gone through public auction recently, so it is fairly easy to determine an estimate. Without seeing it, I would say you have a painting worth between $1,500 and $2,000.  Some paintings have fetched a little more, but higher seller commissions were paid so the nets aren't much outside this range.  And of course, some of his paintings have sold under this price range, too.

If you are on the west coast, you could contact almost any dealer in Carmel, CA as Dzigurski did many pictures in that area.  Or auction house   If you are on the east coast, contact me at and I can try to help you.  You don't want to get into the game of shipping a large painting like this, as it will eat up your proceeds.  

Hope that helps.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration