Fine Art/Artist Barrister

I have several oils from Artistic Interiors signed Barrister. There are two snow scapes of various shades of Brown and white. I've been unable to find any information about the artist. I would appreciate any info about the artist.

More than likely you have paintings that were mass produced in Hong Kong or even mainland China.  They can manufacture paintings at a pretty good clip and with sweat labor, the margins for everyone downline in the distribution of these pictures can be pretty good.  It is an industry unto itself. Many of these end up on eBay, at hotel room sales, littered throughout antique and junk shops.   So, I cannot really answer probably don't have what I'd call Fine Art produced by a listed artist or even an amateur hobbyist.

For instance, they may well have been produced here:
www-dot-theasiaco-dot-com  (substitute .  for dot)

There is no listed artist named Barrister, which I knew even before I looked for one...most artists sign first name, last name, or with preceding intials or monograms or dates.  Unlike the entertainment industry where a single name means you are famous, the art world prizes full names including middle names.  

Another clue is "Artistic Interiors".  This is not an art gallery, but a decor outfit.  An awful lot of canvas in frames is manufactured and distributed in order to make furniture look good.  

Now, if you like the pictures, there is no reason you can't hang them and continue to enjoy them.  Just know they will not appreciate in monetary value as "fine art".

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration