Fine Art/Caspicara's crucifix

I have a crucifix with Jesus carved out of wood, it's been in the family for over 200 and less than 300 years, we know is a Caspicara's work, the wooden cross is in 3 pieces,damaged by termites but Jesus is in one piece, could you give an idea of its worth and how can I stop more damage to it? I have a real old oil painting and wooden figurines without an idea of who made them and exactly how old they are, can you give an idea on how to procceed about them? Sincerily appreciative of your help.

Sounds like you have a three step process.

1. Art restoration
2. Authenticity
3. Appraisal.

I am in the Dali market and do not have info on Caspicara experts.

If you type  caspicara art  into google, you will find results that might lead you to the right experts.

As for restoration, if the piece is made of wood, you will need a specific type of restoration. We have used services like this for original works on canvas or paper, I'll have to check around and see if any of them have a referral.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.