Fine Art/Chagall Etching

I recently bought a Chagall Litho "The Green Violinist" from an auction(phone bid).  They said it was signed however when I received it only the last name is on the Litho.  Can you tell me anything about the litho and its value.

Thank you,

Hi Carolyn, Chagall lithographs and etchings are very commonly signed "Marc Chagall" in pencil in the lower right or left corner of the piece. An authentic signed Chagall lithograph is often worth $10k to $150k depending on the quality and style of the work, and the size of the edition. Compare the image and edition to other works by Chagall to get an idea of the value. You can also contact Alex Adelman, a fine art dealer who deals with Chagall works daily, and he will be happy to discuss your piece with you.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University