Fine Art/Everett Woodson Original Oil Painting

I have a "Everett Woodson Original Oil Painting" I bought in Corpus Christi art store about 25 years ago (for about $200). It appears similar to the one in the correspondence I read from a previous question to you on the subject. It is a barn with a lighthouse which is similar in location BUT it is not the same. It is an original fairly thick oil paining signed on the lower left full signature. Would he (the artist) have done two such with slightly different lighthouse and barn; or is one of them a fake? And does it matter. I get a lot of pleasure looking at the painting and would not wish to sell; especially if they do not fetch much in auction.

Thanks in advance for your input or opinion.
Best regards,
Bill Fennelly
League City Texas

Artists typically will paint a scene multiple times, and perhaps add stylistic touches that differ.  It's what makes an artist an artist.  

As for value, I can safely say you are doing better than an investment in many major money center financial institutions, but you wouldn't benefit either yourself or the auctioneer too much in an auction.

Hang it, enjoy it, pass it someday to someone else who admires it.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration