Fine Art/Icart

I inherited an icart dry point etching (i think) entitled "Spanish Dancer" It has the icart signature lower right and in the lower left there is a raised stamp with an "x" symbol in it and the word Paris.  At the top left of the print in margin it says edited by David Ashley, Inc New York City.  At the top right in the margin I can faintly read, copyright 1929(?) .... Louis ..(?)... What does all this mean and how do I know if it is a fake?

David Ashley was the publisher of the prints. The downside here is that I see online auctions with the work at LOW prices, but those same sites have sold fakes from other masters.

If you type:   icart art     into google, you will see some sites that list works at what would seem a more appropriate price for Icart's works.  You can also find dealers and others that are in that market. I am in the Dali market.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.