Fine Art/Impressionistic oil painting

Question
We have a what I believe is a "Paris street scene." There is reflection of the horses and buggies and people caused by the rain,  throughout the painting. It is 4 ' X 2' in a custom wood frame and in excellent condition. We have had it many years but I don't know any more about it. The signed  artist is R. Thrower. It is a lovely scene and I wonder if it has value. We live in central N.J.

Answer
Angie,
Of course, Paris is perhaps the most painted city on the planet.  When I think of rainy scenes, I immediately think of Edouard Leon Cortes, who did many impressionist depictions of Parisian street scenes.  You can look him up on wikipedia.org.  Or check rehs.com  Perhaps your painting is "in his style" as they say?

I could not find "R. Thrower" in any of my databases or listed artist guidebooks, but it is probably because he is contemporary or not well known yet.  

A little Google surfing turns up an occasional hit.  For instance:
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/796842
So indeed, our "R. Thrower" is named as a 20th century artist, and is possibly still alive and painting.  He seems to have that impressionist style that you report in your scene of Paris.  

I have seen two or three of these online sales.  So I would estimate that your painting is perhaps worth $100 - $250 or so,given its size, or about what you paid for it.  

Glad to hear it is in excellent condition.  Hang it and enjoy it!
Stu

Stuart Cartwright