Fine Art/John Powell Serigraphs - signed and numbered

Question
Hello Joseph,

We have two, signed John Powell's serigraphs (Vista Del Mar 47/300 and Cottage Garden 259/300).  I've been researching the apprx retail value of these and have found widely varying prices.  Could you give me an approximate value on these pieces?

Thanks in advance!

J

Answer
As a young boy, John Powell spent many hours with his father, Jack Powell, and Will Foster, both prominent artists. After graduating high school, John enlisted in the Navy. During this time, two years were spent in Japan. It was in Japan where Powell became acutely aware of his artistic needs. His drawings from this period reflect the Far Eastern influence and design elements that would mold his eventual style.

After four years in the Navy, Powell enrolled in the Mexico City College, known for its excellent art department. The influence of the primitive arts of Mexico made an indelible imprint which would be forever expressed during John's career. Today Powell lives with his wife in Santa Barbara, California.

Retail, they would be about $500. Wholesale meaning selling on e-bay or auction, depending on condition and such, they would be $150-$250. Thanks, Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski