Fine Art/John Powell Serigraphs - signed and numbered

Hello Joseph,

We have two, signed John Powell's serigraphs (Vista Del Mar 47/300 and Cottage Garden 259/300).  I've been researching the apprx retail value of these and have found widely varying prices.  Could you give me an approximate value on these pieces?

Thanks in advance!

As a young boy, John Powell spent many hours with his father, Jack Powell, and Will Foster, both prominent artists. After graduating high school, John enlisted in the Navy. During this time, two years were spent in Japan. It was in Japan where Powell became acutely aware of his artistic needs. His drawings from this period reflect the Far Eastern influence and design elements that would mold his eventual style.

After four years in the Navy, Powell enrolled in the Mexico City College, known for its excellent art department. The influence of the primitive arts of Mexico made an indelible imprint which would be forever expressed during John's career. Today Powell lives with his wife in Santa Barbara, California.

Retail, they would be about $500. Wholesale meaning selling on e-bay or auction, depending on condition and such, they would be $150-$250. Thanks, Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University