Fine Art/Julian Celos paintings

I have a friend who found 3 paintings in a house they recently purchased . 2 are signed by Julian Celos, 1 has a description on the back. The 2 signed ones also say on the back Celos etching 123-klt view of Toledo elgreco 1541-1614 Metropolitan Museum of Art Bequeath to H.O. Hazemeyer 1929 H.O. Hazemeyer Collection

Celos evidently enjoyed painting old bridges in Europe.  I believe he may have been Belgian?  His works don't bring a lot at auction, but you may wish to contact and send photos to Rachel Davis Fine Arts in Cleveland, OH who deals in works on paper and many European artists.  Sound as if Celos may have been a fan of el Greco and perhaps these were studies he completed.

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration