Fine Art/A.L. Eagleson

Are you familiar with this artist, I am having a hard time finding much online about him. I keep coming up with a hockey player. I would like to know if he is still alive and what his paintings are worth. I know there will be a big variation but as far as composition and size I am interested in about 2'x3'up to 2'x4'. One is a a seascape and the others are landscapes with country farm scenes. If you could just ballpark pricing it would be a big help. I know he has paintings in WOOLAROC Museum and several others in OKLAHOMA. Thanks for any and all info you can supply. Jerry

I am not familiar with, nor could I find a listed American artist by this name.  As you no doubt did, I used Google to find some information and it seems to lead in the direction of Tulsa, Oklahoma and the early part of the twentieth Century.  There is a book "The 101 Ranch" that features a frontispiece of an A.L. Eagleson painting, and this book was published in the 1930s, so that at least dates Eagleson to then.  

This gallery carried a piece by Eagleson in the not so distant past, did you try them?  I'm sure you tried the musuem curatorial staff as well at WOOLAROC?  

Pierson Gallery &
Boston Avenue Frame
1307-1311 East 15th Street - Tulsa, OK  74120
Fax 918-584-2440  Voice 918-584-2440

Eagleson must have been a very local artist.   

[I grew up in Toronto Canada, where I even once met the other Alan Eagleson you mention.  He is famous for being a high profile sports agent for hockey players, and for stealing from most of the career earnings of a certain Bobby Orr...but you can read all about that on the 'net.]

Good luck with your painting, sir!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration