Fine Art/A.L. Eagleson

Question
Are you familiar with this artist, I am having a hard time finding much online about him. I keep coming up with a hockey player. I would like to know if he is still alive and what his paintings are worth. I know there will be a big variation but as far as composition and size I am interested in about 2'x3'up to 2'x4'. One is a a seascape and the others are landscapes with country farm scenes. If you could just ballpark pricing it would be a big help. I know he has paintings in WOOLAROC Museum and several others in OKLAHOMA. Thanks for any and all info you can supply. Jerry

Answer
Jerry,
I am not familiar with, nor could I find a listed American artist by this name.  As you no doubt did, I used Google to find some information and it seems to lead in the direction of Tulsa, Oklahoma and the early part of the twentieth Century.  There is a book "The 101 Ranch" that features a frontispiece of an A.L. Eagleson painting, and this book was published in the 1930s, so that at least dates Eagleson to then.  

This gallery carried a piece by Eagleson in the not so distant past, did you try them?  I'm sure you tried the musuem curatorial staff as well at WOOLAROC?  

Pierson Gallery &
Boston Avenue Frame
1307-1311 East 15th Street - Tulsa, OK  74120
Fax 918-584-2440  Voice 918-584-2440
piersongallery@sbcglobal.net

Eagleson must have been a very local artist.   

[I grew up in Toronto Canada, where I even once met the other Alan Eagleson you mention.  He is famous for being a high profile sports agent for hockey players, and for stealing from most of the career earnings of a certain Bobby Orr...but you can read all about that on the 'net.]

Good luck with your painting, sir!

Stu

Stuart Cartwright