Fine Art/Maurice Utrillo paintings

My mother has two paintings by Maurice Utrillo - Parisian
Suburb and Montmartre.  Both are marked on the back:  
Turner Mfg. Co., Chicago 23 Ill.  Are these worth any

Dear Vicki,

Turner Wall Accessories were produced by Turner Manufacturing Co. in Chicago. They sold decorative art pieces throughout the 20th century until they closed their doors sometime in the seventies. According to a sticker found on many of their items: “This is a Turner Wall Accessory. This is one of hundreds of accessories manufactured by Turner Mfg. Co., America’s largest producer of decorative accessories for the home. Turner’s staff of designers are constantly creating new types of decorator wall accessories to make your home smarter, brighter, and lovelier. Look for the name TURNER on wall accessories.”

Though they had to have copyright approval from the artist or the artist’s estate; their prints were reproductions of original work and usually sell for under $50.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.