Fine Art/Native American riding bareback

Question
Native American riding bareback
Native American riding  
Dear Stuart,
Attached are pictures of an oil painting on panel. Although the work is unsigned the execution strikes me as that of an accomplished illustrator working in the manner of N.C. Wyeth. If you could shed any light on who the artist might be it would be much appreciated.

Ernest

Answer
Ernest,
What a terrific picture!  My immediate thought is for you to contact
Thomas Nygard in Bozeman, Montana.  Thomas Nygard Fine Art  
www.nygardgallery.com   Tom is world reknowned for his knowledge of American Western art.  He can help you ascertain what you have, might recognize the artist immediately, maybe even identify the Native American warrior depicted!

Talk to Tom about restoring this fine painting, too.  Many times a dealer will prefer to buy an unrestored painting and have their own experts work on it.  I sense this painting deserves some attention.  

Best of luck,
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright