Fine Art/Picasso Etching L'Age de Soleil:Pour Ruby

I recently purchased the above etching. The COA states that it is an original etching produced for the original etching plate. c.1950. what does this mean and is it worth anything?

Dear Rebecca,

I hope you are doing well. I believe you mean L'Age de Soleil (Pour Roby), rather than "Ruby". It is more commonly referred to as Pour Roby. If it says Ruby, then that is incorrect. The other possible misspell in your question that makes a big difference is the word "for" the original etching plate. It should say "from". If these are just misspells, the COA is stating the print was pulled from the original etching plate in 1950 rather than being a reproduction.

I found one of these etchings in an online gallery for $1500. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.