Fine Art/Picasso Etching L'Age de Soleil:Pour Ruby

Question

I recently purchased the above etching. The COA states that it is an original etching produced for the original etching plate. c.1950. what does this mean and is it worth anything?

Answer
Dear Rebecca,

I hope you are doing well. I believe you mean L'Age de Soleil (Pour Roby), rather than "Ruby". It is more commonly referred to as Pour Roby. If it says Ruby, then that is incorrect. The other possible misspell in your question that makes a big difference is the word "for" the original etching plate. It should say "from". If these are just misspells, the COA is stating the print was pulled from the original etching plate in 1950 rather than being a reproduction.

I found one of these etchings in an online gallery for $1500. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley