Fine Art/Picasso Etchings and Drawings

Question
My friend has 2 Picasso pieces that were gifted to her family long ago, the story goes, by Picasso himself as a wedding gift to her great aunt or so.  Anyway, these pieces are nude line drawings on plexi or plastic (7"x9")  The backing is black 1/8" panel board, under which is a pieces of paper with the company name "Rohm & Haas", the chemical company.  In my research, i discovered it's possible Picasso used materials from this company because Rohm & Haas was established in 1907.  So its possible they are authentic. So how likely is it these pieces are real Picasso?  What other information do you need to make a reasonable guess?  Thanks for your time.

Jason

Answer
Picasso etching
Picasso etching  
Hi Jason, the biggest proof of authenticity is having the work cited in a respected catalog raisonne of Picasso. There are several publishers who have looked far and wide to document every Picasso piece they can. But of course, a small gift from Picasso to someone may not have been documented. This makes it difficult to appraise. Maya and Claude Picasso are the only two people in the world who can officially authenticate Picasso. I recommend that you compare you works to these Picasso etchings http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/picasso . You can also email the director at that link, and he will be happy to assist you as best he can.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans