Fine Art/Picasso - "escultor y modelo"

Hi Andrew

I not too sure where to start but here goes. My Aunty has decided she will sell a piece of art she has because she needs some money.

The problem is we do not know much about art and are wondering the best way to sell the item and what it's basic value might be?

It is signed and has stamps on the back from 'Musee d Orsay' Paris 1982 with the following details:

Autheur: Pablo Ruiz Picasso
Albache: "Escultor Y Modelo"
Annee: 1933
Tecnica: Grabado Sobre Carton
Talle: 10.5 x 7.5 CMS

There is also a Christies stamp on the back dated 1972.

Any advise or details would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Faithfully

I recommend contacting Christies or Sothebys auction houses, as they are the two largest auction houses in the world. Christies may have that sale on record. Or they may have an expert who knows this piece. If there is one near where you live, you can also take it to a Bonham's Valuation Day . Best of luck to you.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University