Fine Art/Raoul Dufy paintings

I have a piece of art given to me by a family friend several years ago.  I can't tell what it has written on it, but I can make out the name Raoul Dufy clearly.  I'm not sure if it is someone's interpretation of one of his pieces, or if it is original.  How can I tell?

Hi Ronne, after works (works that are done in the style of the artist) are often strikingly similar to the original artist's work. The best way to know what you have is to check the catalog raisonne for Raoul Dufy, but they are expensive books. You can compare your piece to these Dufy paintings and lithographs . I recommend emailing Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art, Inc. and explain to him how and where you got it. Also make sure to attach high quality images for him and his staff to look at. You can find Adelman's contact info at .

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University