Fine Art/estate find

R. Lindstrom
R. Lindstrom  
I recently found an oil painting done on board and signed R.lindstrom.It is 12" x 14" with frame.Do you know by looking its value?

There was a Swedish artist named Rikard Lindstrom (1882-1943), and he executed Scandinavian maritime scenes.  But I highly doubt this is your artist because (1) the style is not that of Rikard Lindstrom and (2) the signature is not the least like that of Rikard Lindstrom.  

I am not expert in European or Scandinavian artists, so you may wish to verify this with an auction house that has sold Rikard Lindstrom pictures:

Lilla Bukowskis
Arsenalsgatan 2
Phone: 46 8 614 08 70

Meanwhile feel free to enjoy the painting!

Have a great weekend!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration